I always have a meltdown deciding what to wear to events, especially weddings. This year I was able to pull out this gem that I have had hiding in my wardrobe for over a year now. It is possibly one of the prettiest dresses that I own and for a £65 price tag I have been eager to show it off.
This entire outfit is simple and neutral, yet very elegant. To me, it is always all about the detail on an outfit and I think the beautifully placed bow on the back of the dress makes it a simple winner. Shaped like a trapeze style dress, it is similar to a scuba material with a rough outer texture, and a classic V-Neck to shape the décolletage. I usually wear this outfit without a bra as it can often appear unflattering with too much cleavage on show.It pairs perfectly with the gold accessories, beaded cream necklace, and fluffy mauve clutch bag for that extra bit of glamour. The clutch bag can be worn over the shoulder with its delicate gold chain or it can be tucked away for a hand held evening clutch.
The beige duster coat gently hanging off the shoulders makes an extra statement. The material flows gently as you walk and the colour can be matched with everything. In addition, the nude stilettos have a rose gold heel, adding that extra sparkle to every step you take.
Outfit details below:
Please note: Some of the items are no longer available, in which case I have suggested alternatives or I would recommend trying eBay.
- Topshop Bow Back Crepe Shift Dress £65 alternative: https://goo.gl/t0T6SR
- Fluffy clutch bag £25: https://goo.gl/7DVgzo
- Miss Selfridge Glam Nude Gold Heel £39 alternative: https://goo.gl/BbNA3L
- Topshop split back duster coat £79 alternative: https://goo.gl/U1RvvU
- Miss Selfridge cream beaded necklace £16 alternative: https://goo.gl/H9jDI6
- Gold Burberry watch alternative: https://goo.gl/jUoQsr
- Swarovski stud earrings alternative: https://goo.gl/4ia6no
I hope you enjoyed reading my first blog post. Always be confident and don’t let anyone dull your sparkle.